Airfoil v5.10.3 macOS
Team HCiSO | 02 May 2021 | 18.8MB
Send any audio from your Mac to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, iPhones and iPods Touch, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! Use Airfoil with web-based audio like Pandora, music services like Spotify, Rdio, MOG, and WiMP, or any other audio playing on your computer. Airfoil for Mac gives you your audio on AirPlay devices all around the house.
What’s New in Version 5.10.3:
Major Updates in ACE 11.7
The Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 11.7. Its sample rate converter has been upgraded, drift correction has been improved, and several rare issues have been resolved.
Support for Xcode’s Simulator
It’s now possible to capture audio from Xcode’s Simulator with Airfoil.
Enhancements to Airfoil’s Built-In Updating
Airfoil’s updating code has been overhauled and improved. It is now based on Sparkle 1.26.0, with several customizations.
• To avoid possible issues, Airfoil will no longer offer to “Install on Quit”. Automatic background updating has been removed as well, placing the user in charge of all updates.
• The update interface has been improved, with several design and text enhancements.
• Finally, the new “Skip for Now” button allows you to delay updating if desired.
– As always, we strongly recommend leaving the “Automatically check for updates” option enabled.
– Chromecast speaker sync settings are now correctly retained between launches.
– The Quick Tour now properly supports the new “Speak items under the pointer” setting in MacOS 11 (Big Sur).
– Improvements have been made for the Installer and Quick Tour, to present better on small resolutions, using scrollbars to make all content accessible.
– When Airfoil is unlocked by entering a valid license key, in addition to displaying an animation, it will now play a brief celebratory sound for visually impaired users.
Many debugging improvements have been made:
• Available logs have been cleaned up.
• Active logs are now listed in the logging files.
• Machine details are no longer needlessly included in copied errors.
• Logs are now activated with simple checkboxes.
• A “Quit and Relaunch to Debugging” option has been added, accessed by pressing option in the Help menu (or main menu bar menu, if running in menu bar only mode).
• Command-line debugging options have been added.
• A “Short trial mode” option has been added for internal use.
At present, Airfoil is able to stream directly to all Apple TV models. As such, the use of Airfoil Satellite TV should not be necessary. That said, enhancements have been made for using Airfoil with Airfoil Satellite TV. A new icon now shows in Airfoil, and a fix has been made for Airfoil Satellite TV occasionally not appearing, when multiple AirPlay sources are available from a single host.
Airfoil v5.10.3 macOS-HCiSO