Cycling 74 Max v8.1.6 MAC
P2P | 24 September 2020 | 540 MB
Cycling ‘74 has released version 8 of Max and the company is calling it “the closest thing to a mind-expanding drug Max has ever had”. The visual programming language has taken on a raft of new improvements in the latest iteration, most notably the introduction of the new MC. objects. MC, we’re presuming, stands for multi-channel and Cycling ‘74 is sure it will “transform how you imagine sound design”. It makes patches with 100 channels of audio look as simple as those with a single channel. It seems MC will give you the ability to manipulate multiple audio channels and operations with fewer objects. Much of the development in version 8 has been focussing on performance. Cycling ’74 now claim that Max will launch 20 times faster on Windows than before and load patches up to four times as quick. Performance as a whole is improved, with complex UI operations being significantly more responsive. Another big update is the ability to control your patches with hardware, without the need to patch. In the new Mappings Mode, you can assign physical controls to your patch in just three steps; simply enter Mappings Mode, select a slider and then move your controller – done.
Other improvements include a new Search Sidebar which allows you access to thousands of Max examples and tutorials that ship with Max, along with results from magesy download web forums and in-depth articles.
Summary of what’s New in Max 8:
– Tap into sonic complexity with MC.
– Noticeably improved performance.
– Simplified MIDI and keyboard control with Mappings.
– Vizzie 2, completely rebuilt with OpenGL.
– Open your patches to the world with Node for Max.
– Experience a streamlined patching workflow.
– Uncover the secrets to Max mastery with search.
Max 8.1.5 Release Notes:
– BEAP: Bugfix update to v1.0.3 (see BEAP Github for changes)
– install: improved Mac startup time (don’t check validity on externals in Max’s resources folder)
– jit.gl.slab: fixed read message
– jit.grab (AVF): fixed crash when device removed and getformatlist queried
– jit.playlist: fixed issues when reloading patches with texture output and implicit drawto
– jit.world: maintain connection to matrix only object on patcher load
– Jitter: setting attributes with attrui does not crash
– jsmaxobjlistener, jsparameterlistener, jsparaminfoprovider: added to Windows installer
– jsparaminfoprovider: improve getinfo dictionary
– live.banks: add/remove buttons work
– Parameter: ensure dictionary ordering in patcher JSON
– Parameter: fixed undo issues with stored only pattr objects
– Patcher Windows popup in Toolbar: fixed crash when selecting some patchers
– Patcher: transparent notitle windows work even when enabletransparentbgwithtitlebar is off
– pattrstorage: ensure savemode respected when object is freed
– Snapshots: fixed restore issues with some patches
– VIDDLL jit.movie: fixed non-HAP texture alpha channel usage
– VIDDLL jit.movie: position attribute does not trigger playback
Cycling 74 Max v8.1.6 64Bit KED macOS