DC8C v3.3.0 WiN MAC
SYNTHiC4TE | June 19 2020 | 72 MB
DC8C is one of the most flexible compressors around.
While making a lot of different compression styles possible, it’s general nature may be described as: clear, smooth, open, distinct.The main goal while designing DC8C was to get a very clean compressor action without unwanted and often almost unevitable artefacts/distortion. This way you can achieve almost invisible compression for your most demanding mastering sessions, when you want to avoid coloration. If you aim for colour you can choose between two saturation models. From opto style, peak compression, RMS compression, Feedback, Feedforward compression (and everything inbetween) to negative ratios, zero latency brickwall limiting, from magesy download snappy transient treatment to smooth transient rounding – everything is possible.
detector network and gain reduction smoothing for extra smooth operation
- • choose between two different attack and two release curves
- • clean mode (100% clean compression with no intermodulation, no distortion, no aliasing)
- • up to 8x oversampling
- • sidechain filter with high pass & low pass filter plus tilt control, which let’s you shift the frequency response
- of the detector
- • customize the program dependency of the compressor seperately for Attack and Release
- • GR-smoothing control to dertermine, how sensitive the compressor reacts to changes in the computed gain
- reduction, great to emulate opto style compression
- • hold control for heavy pumping compression effects
- • pre comp control to delay the start of the attack to leave transients completely alone or radically shape the attack
- • calibration control not only to set the reference level for the meters but also for the whole signal path.
- the higher the value, the softer the compression characteristics and the lower the saturation amount
- • unique Feedback-Mix-Control, which lets you determine, how much of the compressor’s output is fed back into the detector.
- This way it is possible to morph between Feedback and Feedforward Compression topologies
- • zero latency limting mode
- • true zero attack (0.0 ms)
- • negative ratios possible
- • parallel compression, peak-compression, RMS-compression
- • easy mode which features 4 different compression styles
- • lots of comprehensive presets to keep you started
06/10/20 version 3.3.0
– GUI performance improvements
– added option to use OpenGL rendering for the GUI to the global settings (experimental)
– more robust Mac-installer
– updated manual
DC8C Advanced Compressor v3.3.0 WiN MAC-SYNTHiC4TE