Pigments v3.0 macOS
MORiA | 20.04.2021 | 678 MB
(AU, VST3, VSTi, STANDALONE, 64Bit)
Pigments, a hybrid “polychrome” instrument that features hugely powerful, cutting-edge wavetable synthesis alongside award-winning virtual analog technology. After spending 20 years analyzing and emulating the best synthesizers ever made, they have now used their expertise to create an original, uniquely software synthesizer. Pigments offers exceptional sound thanks to its hugely powerful architecture and lightning-fast workflow that makes complex modulations easy, fast, and fun.
Pigments has some colorful tricks up its sleeve. In fact, it can do things other synthesizers simply cannot do. These include:
•Scale quantized pitch modulations to build complex melodic sequences.
•Continuous unison controls that can be modulated, with classic and chord modes.
•Extensive waveshaping options for the wavetable oscillator, with great aliasing control.
•The usual modulation sources and some more unconventional ones like the Turing and Binary random generators.
•Powerful gate/retrig handling for modulators. Perfect to inspire unusual rhythmic sequences or self-generating patches.
•Polyrhythmic sequencer with a strong emphasis on randomness, with scale control to remain musical.
At a glance, here are its key features:
•Two engines in parallel: the best of both worlds
•Virtual Analog triple oscillator engine.
•Complex Wavetable engine with morphing and import.
•Twin filters: dozens to choose from
•Classic filters from V Collection instruments.
•Modern filters like surgeon and comb.
•Continuous series/parallel routing.
•Powerful effects section: an all-in-one solution
•13 stunning effects, including wavefolder, overdrive, parametric EQ, and delay.
•Insert or Send routing options with drag and drop for easy switching.
•All the essential parameters can be modulated.
•Advanced modulation system: modulate anything with anything
•Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based.
•Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random sources.
•4 assignable Macros to control multiple parameters at once.
•Visual interface: understand your sound
•Graphical representation of the most important modules.
•Living, moving waveform to see your sound come alive.
•Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator: get creative
•Create complex, custom and evolving sequences or arps.
•Extensive factory preset library: learn from the masters
•Hundreds of presets from awesome artists and experienced sound designers, including Jeremy Savage, Starcadian, Cubic Spline, Mord Fustang, and Jörg Hüttner.
•Highlighted “notes” to show which parameters are recommended to tweak.
– Harmonic Engine
– Utility Engine
– New Jup-8 Low-Pass Filter
– Improved frequency modulation range on filters
– Improved filters initialization
– BL-20 Flanger
– Jun-6 Chorus
– Pitch-Shift Delay
– 200 New presets
– 84 New wavetables
– 97 New samples
– 71 New noise samples
– New effects presets
– New tutorials
– User interface improvements
– Improved organization of effects selection
– Optimized user workflow
– New default setting
– Changed default tuning behavior to lock when changing engine type
– Added on/off to Unison for Analog and Wavetable engines
New copy/paste effects settings:
– Improved MPE performance
– Improved the interaction to edit modulators
– Enhanced filter and effects routing
– Improved envelopes performance
– Added new filter routing options, to allow more possibilities for splitting individual filter outputs to insert effects A & B
– Added sample engine snap to zero crossing points
– Added sample playback recall to parameters in the edit tab
– Added Mono bass and Natural modes to the stereo pan effect
– Added new fine tuning mode “Offset” to oscillators 2 and 3 in the analog engine
– Added the option to import custom samples in AIFF
– Added Release button to activate or deactivate sample in release mode
– Added Scale control to invert the functions polarity
– When MPE is enabled, Macro 1 is now disabled
– No more window resizing issue when using the preset browser
– No more errors on filters and envelopes when using automations with Logic pro in Big Sur
– Sample and hold rise and fall values are now working perfectly when trigger is set to Poly KBD
– No more display bugs on Macros in the preset browser when resizing the window
– Wavefolding modulation now works perfectly when deactivating unison chord
– Fixed an issue that was causing the sidechain amounts to 50 on other modulation sources
Pigments v22.214.171.1245 macOS-MORiA