The Snail v1.3.2 WiN
Team R2R | 19 April 2022 | 7.4MB
The Snail is a very high-precision frequency-domain analyzer that delivers an intuitive representation of sounds based on the scales and notes aligned in spectrally active zones. It is available as a Standalone application for Mac and Windows OS, and AAX, AU and VST3 plug-in. This plug-in offers a new way of tuning and analyzing an instrument in an extremely accurate way. It displays the intonation and visualizes music and sounds in a way that can help anyone improve their listening and intonation!
The inner workings of Snail comprises of two modes and three different display views:
• Music Mode – is the most suitable to view your music with, if for instance it contains complex polyphonic content.
• Tuner Mode – is the preferred to help tune an instrument as it increases the resolution of the analysis.
The Display Views:
• Snail View – provides a representation of the fundamental frequencies and all related harmonics or overtones in real time.
Sound is displayed as ‘blobs’ along a spiralled view from the low frequencies in the center to higher frequencies (and their respective musical notes) up the spiral GUI.
• Zoomed Tuner View – displays the hexagonal shape which rotates and slows down as you zero down to green on the exact reference frequency.
This display is the closest view to a traditional tuner while being incredibly more precise.
• Sonogram View – offers a more standard representation of the sound spectrum over time (vertically), highlighting the prevailing frequencies.
This view provides more detail of the frequencies’ energy for analysis.
– Simple intuitive interface
– Ultimate accuracy in tuning
– Different combinations of views available
– Audio player with waveform display to allow analysis of any song or sound
– Live input for tuning of external sources
– Tuner mode or Music mode
– Adjustable Tuning Reference pitch
– Transposing feature
– Display of phase relationships possible
– Hz information display
– User adjustable colour schemes
– Click and Tune
– Color grid option
– Show grid option