Valhalla Plate v188.8.131.52 WiN
Team R2R | 2021.12.04 | 3.04 MB
ValhallaPlate is our algorithmic take on the classic plate reverberation sound. Twelve original algorithms emulate the sound and behavior of real world steel plate reverbs, and take the sound into dimensions that physical plates can’t touch.
ValhallaPlate realistically models the physics of plate reverbs:
– High diffusion, for reverbs that have maximally high echo density.
– Frequency dependent decay time, for huge lows and clear highs, under the control of a single Decay parameter.
– Dispersion, for creating 3D imaging in the decay. The reverb comes from outside the speakers, and decays into the depths behind the speakers.
– ValhallaPlate extends the plate reverb into dimensions that real plates can’t reach:
– Variable size, to control how metallic a reverb mode sounds. Small sizes result in more metallic delays, while larger sizes sound clearer.
– Lush modulation, that eliminates any metallic artifacts, while retaining the pitch of the input.
– Twelve original reverberation algorithms (5 new algorithms added to version 1.5.0):
– Four reverb modes (Chrome, Steel, Brass, Cobalt) that emulate “true stereo” plates, with 2 input drivers and 2 output pickups.
– Three reverb modes (Adamantium, Titanium, Osmium) that emulate the traditional mono-in, stereo-out plates. These modes have the resonance density found in real plate reverberators.
– Five reverb modes (Aluminum, Copper, Unobtanium, Radium, Lithium) that combine the 3D dispersive characteristics of steel plates with the high resonance density found in reverberation chambers.
– All of the modes can be run as a mono-in/mono-out, mono-in/stereo-out, or stereo-in/stereo-out plugin.
– ValhallaPlate builds upon the Valhalla DSP plugin heritage:
– Minimalist, resizable 2D GUI, with self-documenting tool tip area.
– A comprehensive preset browser makes saving, recalling and sharing settings easy.