Virtual Midi Controller v3.1 WiN
TEAM CHAOS | 27 December 2013 | 7.3 MB
General purpose midi controller.
- Use the computer keyboard to play midi. Most keys are customizable.
- Translate/re-route midi inputs.
- Customizable control screen. Controls can be assigned a midi event & can be linked.
- Layers control how midi is sent, multiple layers per program.
- Midi events can be assigned to zones. Zones control which layers to play & can be independently transposed.
- Arpeggio & transform functions which can be used together to play sequences.
- Diatonic transpose – can be used to make 1-finger chords and/or can be used with the transform function to make diatonic arpeggios.
- Midi buffer records all midi events sent to each midi output. Buffer size is user definable.
- Up to 1000 programs per bank. Able to save/load individual programs or entire bank to/from files.
- A virtual midi port for directly connecting VMC to other software. Midi loopback drivers are not needed to connect VMC with programs like Cubase and Sonar.
- A ‘Global Keyboard’ function which lets computer keyboard presses take effect whether or not VMC is in the foreground.
- A midi event control for viewing and sending midi cc’s & other non-note events.
- Toggle mode in which 1 keypress does a note-on and a 2nd keypress does a note-off.
- An oscillator component that sends midi cc events in patterns such as waveform or pulse. Can be used for auto pan or tremolo effects.
- A joystick component. VMC can translate joystick movements into midi or other VMC functions. The grid that displays the joystick position can also be used with the mouse as a midi CC control.
- VSTi plugin. VMC exists as a stand alone program (.exe) and VSTi plugin (.dll). The main difference between the program and the plugin is that the plugin has only 1 midi input and output, which is the host system.