Wurlitzer v2.5 WiN MAC
Team DECiBEL | 16 Feb 2021 | ~10 GB
…::: AU, AAX, VSTi :::…
Wurlitzer virtual instrument plugin was sampled from an “early model” 1970’s Wurlitzer 200A electronic piano. The process began by close-miking the piano with Beyerdynamic MC930 condenser microphones on the Wurlitzer’s built-in speakers, and an AEA R84 Ribbon Mic on the line-out signal through a Fender Deluxe Reverb Amp. These signals were fed into Grace M101 and AEA TRP Preamps respectively. The wurlitzer’s amplifier and preamp were re-capped in an attempt to save the amplifier, but about half way through the sampling process the amplifier died, which eventually killed the power transformer. The preamp, amp, and power transformer were all replaced and sampling continued. Well sampling the bass notes, it became apparent that the Wurlitzer’s built in speakers also needed to be replaced.
The new version v2.5 of the plugin includes the following improvements:
– Amplifier sims based on SPICE Vacuum tube simulations.
– Reverb and Cabinet Impulse Responses.
– A Leslie Simulation.
– 25 more Presets, for a total of 95.
– A second GUI Tab with individual controls for Tremolo, Reverb, Delay, Cabinet, Phaser, and the Amplifier Sims.
– A Velocity Curve Knob.
– A Switch to either dampen or let ring the highest five notes.
– Knobs to control Panning of the DI and AMP signals.
– A Noise-Suppression Switch (effects AMP signal).
The plugin has also been updated to support macOS Big Sur and arm64 processors.
Wurlitzer v2.5 AU AAX VSTi WiN MAC-DECiBEL